The Johnnies practiced twice today at Clemens Stadium, going for 90 minutes this morning and 90 minutes again this afternoon.
A few quick notes from the afternoon session (I was in Milaca and Foley this morning on the prep football preview trail).
* Defensive lineman Nate Blenker was sitting out as a precautionary move after taking a shot to the head in practice last Friday. He said he could be back within days.
* Wide receiver Rob Voshell, who had sat out some time after landing hard and bruising his lower back, was back in practice Monday.
* Cornerback Alex Powell continues his bad luck with injuries. Powell was sporting a sling Monday as a result of a shoulder injury suffered over the weekend. But he said the injury is not thought to be serious and he could return soon.
* Running back Nick Schneider sat out both sessions Monday to rest a sore groin. Running back Harry Awe continues to sit out with a sore hamstring.
* Practice Tuesday has been moved from 7 p.m. to 3 p.m.